Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cole's 10 Beach challenge

It's The Spring of 2011, my son and I need companion time. Presently, there is major stress in our lives. He is four almost five years old, and he loves to go to the Beach specifically Tybee Island, Ga. His mother and I haven't had the best relationship, since he has been born.

I can actually say it has not been all my fault, and I will admit that I have been a monogamist since we started to date before marriage: nearly eight years ago. I hope she has, but I'm not so sure and the lack of trust between us is incredulous. Since my son's birth, Cole, has been my life and joy. He has pushed me to work harder, and to be a more responsible father and parent. So the more time I have with him the better our relationship will strengthen.

So at four almost five years, I don't think Cole is up to many full day trips. So I have hand picked ten beaches within 1.5 hr. drive from our home in Brooklet, Ga. So here are Cole's ten friendly beaches.


1. Tybee Island, Ga.
We made this trip last weekend on Saturday, April 30th 2011. We arrived at about 1:00 pm and left at 4:45 pm. Cole swam, played, built a sand castle, and drifted in the surf. It was good for me too. I got to watch a lot of two legged scenery. On our trip home, we enjoyed mint ice cream and a butterscotch milkshake.


2. Next weekend May 7th will be Hunting Island, SC just outside of Beaufort, SC and next to Fripp Island about 38 miles from I-95.

3. Hilton Head Island, Folly Field Beach.

4. Daufuskie Island, via the ferry.

5. Sea Island, Ga.

6. St. Simons, Ga.

7. Jekyll Island, Ga.

My last three beaches will be based out of our accommodations at Amelia Island Plantation.

8. Fernandina Beach, Fl. & Amelia Island State Park

9. Cumberland Island National Seashore, Ga.

10. Little Talbot Island State Park, Fl.

No comments:

Post a Comment