Tuesday, May 29, 2012

School's Out! Be Prepared!

Do you remember the song, Alice Cooper's School's Out for the Summer? I just don't get it. My 5 year old son came home this past Friday, his last day of school, quoting Alice Cooper "Schools Out for the Summer". He just finished Kindergarten. Come on folks, the only way he could learn this song is from an adult in his school. Man, I'm just cynical. I'm sure it was one of those artistic kids from his class? If he starts coming home singing "Black Betty" by Ram Jam , then I'll know its time to change schools and get him some new friends. Hopefully by the end of summer, I'll have him singing tunes from "The Endless Summer" by the Beach Boys. May be a little Jan & Dean, and hopefully he will like the Ventures too. I'll even let him listen to Deep Purple, Maybe a Little Led Zepplin, and as he gets older we might develop some tunes that he and his old man find in common. Yea, maybe Alice Cooper had it right Schools Out, and the summer is a time of changing music.

No comments:

Post a Comment