Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Low Country Taoist

Last night as my home started to cool down in the evening, the whippoorwills started to call it's quick and audible tone. A coyote started to yap, and a Barn Owl hooted. I zoned myself into a state of Low Country Meditation, clearing my mind of all the useless actions and thoughts of the preceeding day. I attempted to forget and forgive all, an then feel the balance that can only be achieved by harmonizing with sights and sounds of the Low Country of South Carolina in the dusk of the evening fell upon me. Many locals like to refer South Carolina's Low Country as a state of mind, not just a location, or place on a map. To those who live here, South Carolina's low country is a place to love, cherish, and experience. It is a way of life that locals like to refer to it as a path that leads to an experience that can bring balance to one's whole life.

My son is now learning about the ecology of the Low Country of both South Carolina and Georgia. He is enjoying the fish, crabs, dolphins, surf, sand, and beach. For Cole, this is a wonderful time filled with excitement and wonder. I do believe the Low Country offers a wide array of experiences for all children that the suburbs of urban city can't offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment